Metro Center for High Technology Bldg.
2727 Second Ave. Suite 4113
Detroit, MI 48201
Phone: (313) 961-1606; Fax: (313) 963-7130
Detroit R&D, Inc. was founded in 1997 by Dr. Hyesook Kim as a company dedicated to building a relationship of trust with the research community, by providing the highest quality products through leading-edge technology.
Detroit R&D specializes in Environmental Health Sciences, Hypertension and Breast and Prostate Cancers including:
• Research on biologically active eicosanoids such as EET, DHET, 20-HETE and 8-isoprostane, environmental estrogens such as BPA, prostaglandin H synthase (PGHS, also called COX), cytochromes P450 (CYPs), glutathione S-transferases (GSTs), oxidative stress, DNA damage, Xenopus, drug-metabolism, glycosylated c-myc and p53, breast and prostate microarrays and wound healing.
• Novel hypertension (US patents) and breast cancer (patent pending) drug screening kits.
• Anti-breast cancer drug candidates (patent pending).
R&D has established a track record of success:
• Sales of products to Belgium, Japan, Germany, Australia, Italy, Hong
Kong, Thailand, Czech Republic, China, USA, Canada, South Korea, United
Kingdom, Brazil, Spain, Kuwait, and Taiwan by direct sales and via distributors.
We have funding for 17 National Institutes of
Health (NIH) SBIR Phase I and II projects (>8.5 million), including hypertension diagnosis, mitochondrial
DNA damage and cancer microarray projects.
• Pending grants: SBIR Phase II (PI, glycosylated proteins in breast cancer), R21 (PI, prostate cancer cachexia) and Norway Prostate Cancer grant (Co-I, Glycosylated proteins in prostate cancer). > Detroit R&D holds 7 issued and 6 pending patents.
In summary, Detroit R&D has the talent,
insight and drives to grow substantially. We welcome collaborational and/or licensing inquiries.